General Dentist Madison, MS
Practicing good oral hygiene, along with regular checkups, is essential for maintaining good health. Your teeth and gums impact the health of the entire body. If you don't take care of them, you can get sick more often and increase your risk for diseases. Things like cavities, gum disease, and tooth decay can cause incredible pain that makes it difficult to enjoy life, let alone your favorite foods. At Dental Care of Madison, we understand the importance of maintaining good oral health and provide general dentistry care to help our patients live life fully. Taking simple steps like getting your teeth cleaned regularly, fixing cavities, and having regular dental examinations can prevent gum disease and additional dental health problems. Our highly trained team provides preventative care and general dentistry services for patients of all ages. Whether a child getting their teeth cleaned for the first time, a patient suffering from tooth sensitivity, or someone needing a major dental procedure, the highly trained staff at Dental Care of Madison will provide excellent dental care.
Who Benefits From Our General Dentist Services
We work with patients throughout the Madison area to provide ongoing and preventative oral health care. We can treat patients of all ages and focus on ensuring that they are comfortable during every procedure. The team at Dental Care of Madison is highly trained, and works with Dr. Braden McInteer , Dr. Jason Grissom, and Dr. Heather Grissom to keep our patients teeth and gums in good health. By focusing on preventative care, we can help our patients live a full life. After all, a major tooth infection can create oral pain and make it difficult to enjoy even the most basic of normal activities like eating your favorite piece of pie or playing a game of softball. If you don't currently have a dentist, call (601) 898-9390 to schedule an appointment and experience how our general dentistry services can keep you and your family in good oral health.
We believe in the importance of painless dentistry. Understanding that millions of adults suffer from some form of dental anxiety, we search for ways to treat patients without causing any oral pain. Whether you have anxiety that needs to be addressed or are worried about feeling uncomfortable, the team at Dental Care of Madison is trained on how to keep patients comfortable no matter what type of dental procedure is being performed. We strive to be a dental office that can be trusted for providing high-quality and pain-free oral health care.
Madison, Mississippi General Dentist
What is General Dentist?
Many people are unsure about the services that a general dentist provides. While the term "general" is often describes people that provide only the basics, the same cannot be said about our dental office. The team at Dental Care of Madison provide a wide variety of services for patients throughout the Madison area. We start with preventative care through education, teeth cleanings, and dental exams. We work to keep our patients' teeth and gums healthy and in good condition. Without preventative health care and regular teeth cleanings, infections can develop and spread; eventually creating bone loss in both the teeth and the jawbone, which can lead to teeth falling out. With the majority of adults suffering from some form of tooth loss, preventative health care is not an option but a necessity.
Additionally, we focus on restorative dentistry. When a patient injures their tooth, we will work to correct it in a way that appears completely natural and makes it possible to eat, speak, and behave normally. This is incredibly important for the millions of adults that injure their teeth every year while playing sports, getting into a car wreck, or injuring their teeth at work. By focusing on restorations, the team at Dental Care of Madison make it possible for patients to keep their natural teeth for as long as possible.
If a patient loses their tooth, we can also replace it using a variety of modern dental procedures. Gone are the days where a lost tooth could not be replaced. Now there are multiple options for doing so and we can accommodate a variety of patient requests in our general dentistry office. This makes it possible for adults of all ages to maintain the functionality that can only come from having a full set of teeth.
To learn more about what options are available for restoring or replacing your teeth, call 601-898-9390 to schedule your appointment. We will conduct a thorough exam and make recommendations for what can be done to restore the full functionality and appearance of your smile.
Check out what others are saying about our general dental services on Yelp: General Dentist Madison
We provide general dentistry to patients. If there are any additional necessary procedures that are outside of our expertise, we will refer you to an oral surgeon or other provider that we collaborate with on a regular basis. Our goal is to keep our patients in the best possible health so that when their health requires collaboration with other health care providers, we will bring them into the conversation. For the most part, we can complete numerous types of dental care.
If you are located in the greater Madison area, visit us at Dental Care of Madison to discuss the goals you have for your smile. Our team works with patients to create a beautiful smile that they can be proud of. Our general dentistry office has the solutions patients' need for transforming their smile into something that is straight, bright, white, and beautiful. Regardless of why you do not like your smile, we can help by fixing any cosmetic or health issues to create something beautiful and natural. To learn more, call (601) 898-9390 to schedule an appointment.
Questions Answered on This Page
Q. Will the dental treatment hurt?
Q. What is restorative dentistry?
People Also Ask
Q. How can I prepare for my dentist appointment?
Q. What will happen at my dental checkup?
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
Back to top of General Dentist